In Legends of Equestria, players may own several pets that will follow them around and be loyal companions. Pets are purely for aesthetic purposes for all races except Earth ponies. Earth ponies are the only race that can earn pet-related Talent marks, in turn unlocking special abilities for their pets (most notably Combat).
Six commands are available to command one's pet.
Two of them are available to all ponies.
- Sit causes one's pet to stay seated in a single position.
- Follow undoes the sit command, allowing the pet to follow the player normally.
- Assist allows the pet to use its abilities in heat of combat.
- Passive enables the pet to not retaliate against enemies that are currently attacking the player.
- Aggressive enables the pet to retaliate against enemies currently attacking the player.
- Attack causes the pet to attack another player or mob that is targeted by the player. Pets can deliver limited damage to an opponent but can perish in combat.
Four different pets are available, and can only be obtained from completing specific quests. All pets are currently obtained through "eggs," items that can either be used through the player's inventory or added to the hotbar and used from there, at which point the pet will begin to follow the player around. Pet eggs have unlimited uses.
A list of pets are shown below:
|Image||Name||Special abilities||Obtained from|
|Dog||none||Dog Egg from completing the Intensive Carrot Unit quest|
|Bunny||none||Rabbit Egg from completing the Dust and Bunnies quest|
|Kitty Cat||none||Cat Egg from completing the Belongs in a Museum quest|
|Turtle||none||Turtle Egg during the One Pet in the Hoof quest|